Take a sip of Crete. Savour the best local wines and unravel their secrets with a tailormade tour in a traditional winery of Crete. Visit the family winery Kourkoulou, which is only a 45-minute drive from Plakias and a stone's throw from the Patsos Gorge. Sit back and relax while getting an insight into the history and traditions of local Cretan wines.
Sign up for the winery tour in Crete from Alianthos Garden Hotel and discover the secrets of wine production.
Get a little insight into the customs and production of the Kourkoulou family’s carefully selected Cretan wines.
Make the most of your holidays in Plakias, Crete, by tasting five different wine varieties from the winery’s exclusive list.
Explore the wine world and upgrade your holidays in Plakias with the help of Kourkoulou wine experts. Visit the Kourkoulou family winery, located 45 minutes from Plakias and a stone's throw from the Patsos Gorge. The family is not only passionate about cultivating and producing traditional Cretan grape varieties but also about sharing their knowledge, experiences, and love for wine with every visitor.
While experiencing authentic Greek hospitality, learn about wine-making and the unique characteristics of Cretan wines. Taste the aromas of five carefully selected Cretan varieties. Try the local delicacies our executive chef has created for you in a beautiful setting. Leave the session with a smile on your face and a heart full of memories.
- 1. Pick up your picnic basket from Amalthea restaurant in the morning
- 2. Arrive at the winery of Kourkoulou after a 45-minute drive.
- 3. Start your tour of the winery and the vineyards.
- 4. Learn the history of Greek wines and their production process.
- 5. Be briefed about the wine varieties served during the session.
- 6. Indulge in an unforgettable wine tasting experience with a selection of 5 local wines.
- 7. Savour local delights exclusively prepared for wine pairings.
- 8. Enjoy a culinary experience through a picnic organised by Alianthos Garden Hotel, near the vineyards overlooking the breathtaking nature.
- 9. Return to the hotel and relish a wonderful experience.
Alianthos Garden picnic basket including water, two bottles of white wine, local delicacies and tablecloth.
Wine tasting with five varieties of high-quality Cretan & Greek wines.
Local delicacies and finger food.
The car for your transportation is not included in the price.
Enjoy a relaxing atmosphere and the laid-back charm of Plakias, Beach Crete. Book your accommodation at Alianthos Garden Hotel and use it as an ideal base for daily excursions, extreme activities, and an ultimate taste of the Cretan grandeur.