Get ready for an exciting walking tour of Crete for children and adults alike. Take your loved ones on a different trek in Crete that they will cherish forever and upgrade your holidays in Plakias. Learn about Greek mythology and the history of Daphne as you are surrounded by the natural beauty of the wider area of Plakias Crete.
Join our guide on an adventure and admire some of the most amazing views of Crete.
Get educated about Greek mythology and learn the exciting story of Daphne and Apollo.
Meet a local Cretan farmer and dive deeper into the Cretan culture and authentic traditions.
The area of Plakias is ideal for alternative nature excursions, offering fantastic hiking routes in Crete. Launch into an adventure that allows you to discover some of the most unique places and meet local Cretan farmers. Get first-hand experience of how they live, work, and uncover their routines or habits.
Prepare to dive into the Cretan mythology. Legend says that Eros, the god of love, fired an arrow at Apollo, making him fall in love with Daphne. Then Eros fired an arrow at Daphne, which made her hate Apollo. Apollo has been chasing Daphne since then. Uncover the rest of the story along with Giorgos, our experienced guide who will accompany you on this expedition.
- Pick up the Alianthos Garden tasting walking box the night before your excursion.
- Meet and greet your local guide and driver at the hotel.
- Be transported to the village of Atsipades (the journey takes approximately 20 minutes).
- Follow one of Crete's most breathtaking walking routes, from the village of Atsipades to the biological herb garden, Cretan Aroma (walking time is around 1,5 hours).
- Learn all the details about herbs and olive oil with Kostis.
- Take some time to enjoy your walking box goods within a relaxing atmosphere in the middle of the herbal garden.
- Continue with a 1-hour walk to the village of Kanevo.
- Get dropped off at the hotel in Plakias Crete (the journey takes about 15 minutes).
Guided tour in English, Greek, and German with an experienced guide.
Transportation to the walking path and back to Alianthos Garden Hotel.
Tour about olive oil and herbs at Cretan Aroma.
(1) Alianthos walking box per person including water, isotonic drink, fruit, cereal bar and a sourdough bread sandwich
Enjoy a relaxing atmosphere and the laid-back charm of Plakias, Beach Crete. Book your accommodation at Alianthos Garden Hotel and use it as an ideal base for daily excursions, extreme activities, and an ultimate taste of the Cretan grandeur.